PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - perth qantas engineering
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2007, 10:17
sobast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Splashman. Up front, this is not an attack on you it is simple discussion. OK? You seem to know a fair bit of what's happening so maybe you can explain. I asked elsewhere and no-one answered. I just got abuse. Do you know what the problem was in Perth with the 10.9 hr shift? I believe it was 4 on 4 off. Someone said they'd lose 7k in penalties but that can't be right. Any ideas?

You said
We can now say to these people, " No, you can not undermine us as a group ", " you shall work what we work, like it or not, for there is more to this than you
. I know where you're comng from.
At the same time in MEL the vote seemed "rigged" the other way. They were voting on rosters for INT,DOM and supers. Each of the 3 areas had to have the same majority one way or the other. That meant that the the smallest group of (I think) 8 had control of the vote. You could have a couple of hundred guys voting one way, but the 8 would override them. Even if only 3 of te 8 voted the other way. NOTE- I'm NOT bagging the supers. It's just the way I see it, the smaller number won the vote because of the way the votes were weighted by the union. Please, if I've got it mixed up, tell me.
It's hard to get balanced discussion/information around here with people like goatrooter and anusfiller dumping on anyone who dares question them. Oops, I mean question the exec.