PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2007, 06:11
Atlanta-Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Atlanta

Ok. Now anyone with money to invest and in their right mind would not touch AAI with a 12 foot pole. The company is in abysmal condition and chances that it can be fixed without huge layoffs and house cleaning with a firehouse in Iceland are slim to nil.
You want names AAI OPS. News for you here: Many of the people that have jobs elsewhere have not resigned yet or have not told the company. Yes I could give you names, but let's rather play a game. Leaving the F/E's alone that do not really have options, everyone with EU passport and JAA licence with experience that is employable in Europe is looking for or found another job. AAI is and will be a home for people that are inexperienced or on the Icelandic contract or otherwise unemployable.
How many guys and gals left AAI between January 1st and end of February. 3Captains that had all been with the company for 4 years or more and several First Officers. (Not counting the F/E's)
Flying Guy: Your posts have started to annoy me to an extent. A good salary. As your initials it is a total load of BS. Take the rose coloured glasses off and have a look. The salary from AAI with the USD/EUR exchange rate is CRAP, garbage really not even worth entering a discussion about. But then again over 60 guys dont really have an option where to work with a non JAA license.
Personally I took a 35% paycut since joining AAI. Not a pretty picture.