PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ghurka Rifleman PUN VC. Triumph! (Merged)
Old 28th May 2007, 03:57
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bob C
Thanks for your support mate. As much as we like yank bashing we only do it when we are bored The support of you and your collegues at this difficult time in our military history is appreciated. Rest assured as much as we think that G Dubya (and Tony Bliar) is an asshole, when it comes to you guys on the ground (or in the air/sea) we are with you 100% of the way.
A message sent to the said Mr O'Rourke

Mr Kieran O'Rourke

Thank you my friend for your kind support on what is a moment of disgrace in our military history. I would be grateful if you could enquire/register (the intent) if we the people of PPRuNE and AARSE can assemble together as a body on the 23rd June at the Gurkha memorial in London (Does this have to be a formal request or just a notification to the City Of Westminster Police) for the purpose of illustrating our condemnation of not only this decision, but also the adverse treatment of the Gurkha community in general.
I live in central London and am willing to help in any organisational capacity whatsoever. We have enough support now in the Mil community to make this an overwhelming winner.
Call me a Cynic, but i feel that PM Bliar has been waiting (ney baiting) this one, so that he can go out on a high with the population. If that is the case i do not give two hoots(whatever that means ) all i care about is exploiting this whole situation to ensure that Mr Pun VC and all of his erstwhile collegues in the Gurkha regiments recieve rightful access to the United Kingdom and its care and services.
Yours Thankfully
Tigs
(Have flown the Gurkhas on many occasions and they, like our boys, are top notch)

Last edited by Tigs2; 28th May 2007 at 04:19.