PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ghurka Rifleman PUN VC. Triumph! (Merged)
Old 28th May 2007, 01:18
Robert Cooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you may be interested to read what Mr. Pun's solicitor posted recently:

They didn't even give him an interview. We gave them a booklet about his herosim and full detials of his VC. They even had his army service book, which his CO described him on discharge as having an "exemplary" record and that "his gallantry speaks for itself". Can I be honest, I suspect they didn't even read his application and supporting statement properly. They got a full list of his illnesses. It just sticks of a rubber-stamping job. I don't personally blame any individual, as the Government has to take the can on this one.

We intend making direct representations to Liam Byrne, the Immigration Minister, so that it hits his office first thing Tuesday. HRH Prince of Wales (President of the VC & GC Assoc) received a couriered letter on this on Friday.

Listen there are many Services forums out there. I've been trying to follow them all, but it's difficult to catch everything. I just tried to join RAOConLine, but it takes time for your sign-up to be approved. So if you are members of other forums, can you please tell them my firm and my client really appreciates what is being done and what is being said in support of him. It restores my faith in this country. Maybe you can post these thanks on other forums and also tell them to tell their friends about this snub to the Gurkhas and about www.vchero.co.uk . I would be grateful if you could thank the RAF and Royal Navy, as well as all the Army forums for the help to my client. Honestly, your emails will shake the Immigration Judge and the Government.

Thanks.

Kieran O'Rourke
Howe & Co Solicitors
Ealing, London

Petition already signed and more emails going out. Keep revs up.

Bob C