PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - perth qantas engineering
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2007, 23:33
splashman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks FCMC,

I think all members, including DMM's, should look past their noses and see that we, as members of the ALAEA, are stronger united than divided.
The ploy of placing a group of the membership, into conflict with the rest works, the company knows this and has used it effectively for many years.

I have heard, although unconfirmed, that at a recent meeting in BNE, DMM's were polled with the question " Would you be prepared to work 12 hr shifts if the LAME's are placed on 8hrs"
The result, again unconfirmed, shocked me, with 6 out of 8 saying yes they would.

The AIRC decision has, in effect, has stopped QF from using self centered DMM's and LAME's working against us to further, or safeguard, their place within the company whilst throwing the rest of us to the wolves.

We can now say to these people, " No, you can not undermine us as a group ", " you shall work what we work, like it or not, for there is more to this than you , (and the chance for you to better yourself in the eyes of M.)

With the EBA negotiations stalling, maybe a protected action of some sort should commence, then we shall see who is prepared to work with us, and who will undermine's us. We can then show these people the door from our ALAEA, and leave them to the wolves without the protection that we, the ALAEA, provide.

F**K EM!