PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Serviceman denied cancer drug
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2007, 21:55
GreenKnight121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an 8-year USMC vet, who gets free treatment of my service-connected feet/knee condition at the DVA* hospital in my own town, and low-cost treatment for my blood pressure (and anything else that might come up) there also...

In the last few years I have been ranted at by a number of UK citizens (on other boards, and even once last year here) about how the US "doesn't care for its people's health... if they did, they would have a national system like the wonderful one in the UK".

Why do most Americans refuse to allow the "party of the common man" (Democraps) to force us into a Nationalized Health Care System like they tried to do in the early 1990s?

I can only hope that Nick, and the old Gurkha, and all the other serving and veteran UK personnel manage to get the proper medical treatment that is supposed to be the RIGHT of military personnel (not a privelage to be withheld at the whim of a bureaucrat).

*formerly part of the DOD as the "Veteran's Administration", but elevated to a separate cabinet-level department as the "Department of Veteran's Affairs" in the mid-1990s by the Republican-majority Congress.