PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ghurka Rifleman PUN VC. Triumph! (Merged)
Old 27th May 2007, 21:37
Pilot Pacifier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never been so disgusted with a member of this country who is supposed to represent the interests of the British public. Mr Byrne and co have probably never been, like most of us here, in the kind of dreadful situations that WO Pun and his fellow countrymen must have found themselves in. If it wasn't for his and the bravery of many others, Mr Byrne would probably speaking a different language right now.

WO Pun and all his fellow countrymen, in agreeing to serve this country should have every right to be a British citizen and all the benefits that it brings.

Not to allow him in because he "failed to demonstrate strong ties with the UK" is just unbelievable. I'm just speechless, he couldn't have possibly shown any more. Putting yourself in a position where so many gave the ultimate sacrifice, well, you couldn't show more commitment if you tried.

It is not often that I find myself embarrassed to say that I'm British. If I was to ever meet WO Pun, then I don't think that I could look him in the eye knowing how much this country has let him down...

And as for the curator of the museum, shame on you sir...

Petition signed, e-mails on their way...

Last edited by Pilot Pacifier; 27th May 2007 at 22:19.