PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exodus from Skippers (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2007, 10:14
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defenestrator

No the regs don’t allow anyone to log ICUS. I have highlighted the relevant section that says just that. That being said I would be very surprised to see any operator that employs low time pilots not allow it as the regs provide. I would also be very surprised of any FOI who oversees a low/high capacity RPT operator that doesn’t know what is in their ops manual and therefore what can and can’t be logged by its pilots. In this regard I think that the regs are very clear and no further clarification is needed/required by the regulator.
5.40 Pilot acting in command under supervision

(1) A person may fly an aircraft as pilot acting in command under supervision only if:

(a) the person holds:

(i) a commercial pilot licence or an air transport pilot licence;

or

(ii) a certificate of validation that has effect as if it were a commercial pilot licence or an air transport pilot licence;

and

(b) the person holds an aircraft endorsement that authorizes him or her to fly the aircraft as pilot in command;

and

(c) if the person proposes to carry out an activity for which a flight crew rating, or grade of flight crew rating, that permits him or her to carry out that activity as pilot in command of the aircraft concerned;

and

(d) the person is the co-pilot of the aircraft;

and

(e) the operator of the aircraft permits the person to fly the aircraft as pilot acting in command under supervision;

and

(f) the pilot in command of the aircraft is appointed for the purpose by the operator of the aircraft.