PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Pilot's License
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2007, 01:16
JamesTigris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Eddy,

I'm sure you'll get a lot of replies for your various questions but I'll put in some advice where I can. I'm in your situation (except for your current job) and am probably considering all the same options as you.

Firstly it is indeed possible, and I would say highly desirable, to concentrate your training into an intensive course over 4 to 6 weeks or there abouts. The more frequently you fly, the less you forget and have to relearn between flights and ultimately the less it ends up costing you in those expensive minutes airborne.

You'll hear pluses an minuses for training in the US and you'll have to weigh them up and make your own decision. But I would say that if you can afford it (and it sounds like you probably can) then deffinatly go for training here. The standard will, in all probability, be higher and the airspace more relevant and demanding. I'm assuming its here you ultimately want to be flying anyway.

That's advice from someone who's got some flying experience but not been through the PPL mill yet. I'm sure you'll get lots more from those who've already done it.

Best of luck with your training and career to come.

-JT