PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spirit of Adventure
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2007, 21:16
Spit the Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having lived in Abingdon for 27 yrs and witnessed the previous At home Days and BofB days, this flop was fully predicted. I have been ranting on for weeks to however would listen about the total lack of promotion for the event in the local area. The only way the Abingdon community knew about this event was when the standard yellow AA signs appeared last Monday giving directions and little else. There has been no posters, radio publicity or flyers. Those that were fortunate to find any information were then horrified at the entrance price. This is hardly Fairford! If Abingdon can not muster up a fly-through appearance of a C-17, Tristar & VC10, based just 18 miles away, surely it proves how low key this event has been treated by the boys up top. With 2 major conflicts taking up the majority of the transport fleets flying hours, a skeleton shift left behind at Benson and Odiham, its obvious all your going to get is trng jets or a Typhoon. I feel sorry for those that have tried to make this a memorable event and the time they have commited, but if I feel this way, how do we expect a BMW plant worker, Tesco check-out operative or a Mays carpet fitter to feel.