PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "Crew Security" Thread (merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2007, 18:26
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of the policemen that I know have a very low opinion of minority of security operatives that abuse the limmited powers that they have and would be more than happy to take action if the case warants it.

It is hard to make a charge of sexual nature stick in these cases but a charge of common assault would be the way to go after all you could push the sexual nature of the assault in court without having to proove that this was in the mind of the person commiting the offence.

The advantage of getting the police involved is that it makes it very hard for the airport authoritys to sweep the inccident under the carpet (in my case 4 months to get a reply from the BAA is just downright rude) and if you are not happy with the way the police deal with the problem then there is a proper way to deal with your dis-satisfaction, something that is sadly lacking with airport security systems.

What gives me the most cause for concern is the fact that I now see "airport security" as the enemy, they abuse me and make it very hard to do my job with pointless "local rules" that I am expected to know dispite the fact that I may have never visited that airport before and then that get abusive because I dont know the "local rule" that they are so keen to enforce.

Real security in depth can only happen if ALL the staff are on side, unfortunatly the DfT have set up a system that has so alienated most of the airport staff that the LAST peope that we would turn to if we suspected sonething was not right would be the airport security staff.

I urge you all to report ALL inccidents to CHIRP and BALPA and make the security industrys life a pain when they have to deal with the paperwork that is raised, that is the only way to get this system sorted out................ and it might just improve security by getting the "industry" and security pulling in the same direction, but the security industry has to win back the respect of all in aviation and in that they have a monumental uphill task !