PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircrew rations
Thread: Aircrew rations
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2007, 15:49
toddbabe

Winco because my views differ greatly from yours don't make the mistake of assuming to know what it is I do for a living, I am not groundcrew!
I think it is wrong that duty meals have been taken away from shift workers, OO,Ord Sgt, Guard force etc but am not really that bothered as I do the duty that infrequently it really makes little difference.
But if we are being truly objective nobody can come up with a valid and justifiably honest reason for allowing one group of people to be fed for free whilst making others pay!
I am not campaigning for it to be payed for in much the same way as I am not asking anyone to bring back the duty meals, someone else started this thread I am simply playing devils advocate!
I havent lost "my ball" as you put it, Everyone who does a duty or a night shift has lost their ball, and as I said before you don't know what I do to be assuming that I am trying to take "The Aircrew's ball away"
This is a forum for discussion and debate, I am arguing that their is no justifiable reason for allowing one group of people to free food whilst the rest have to pay.
This in basic terms sends out a message to the already demoralised Ground trades that Aircrew are more important than the rest and will continue to get perks that you aren't entitled to, by arguing that Aircrew are deserved of free food you are in effect creating a rift between Aircrew and groundcrew without even thinking about it.