PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marine One Woes
Thread: Marine One Woes
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2007, 15:00
waspy77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Nick for explaining to Dan the scale of the task that LM face in integrating the systems, whether or not it was their choice to do it.

Nick, do you categorically know that the customer has not requested extra performance in the areas of communication, navigation or survivability? If the exisitng systems are satisfactory to meet the current and future requirements, why didn't the purchasing authority direct the fitment of this equipment as part of the contract/competition?

The VH-92 sounds like it had so many advantages over the US101, safety, performance, established operating procedures, security cleared personnel and assembly areas, and now an already fully integrated, fully proven and full performance mission suite. Your government must really want that extra cabin size.

As for rewarding Tony Bliar ... there were much better ways, but hey we all love a good conspiracy.

P.S. Impressive noise figures, Nick.

What are you on Dan?
Firstly, have you ever flown in an EH101? Have you seen them being assembled? Do you have access to the Engineering Specifications? If you have, then point to the exact BS and publish the truth for all to see.

Secondly, this is about engineering business. The S92 and the EH101 compete in some forums, some decisions go one way some the other. Is every single pro-EH101 decision political????

Thirdly, there is nobody on this forum who can be seen as the AW or LM equivalent to Mr. Lappos. Therefore we are listening to one side of a 'phone call. Decisions that may seem ludicrous to Nick may have good grounding. My attempts, and I am pro-EH101 (note not anti S-92), is to try and put some objective assessment on many subjective statements.

Lastly, if you think that we hold some 200 year grudge ...

Last edited by waspy77; 26th May 2007 at 15:44. Reason: Tried but couldn't hold my tongue