PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When will the US start their offensive?
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2001, 05:48
Chris Lock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icarus,
I can't actually believe that you could think that anyone in the U.S. should have an open heart and mind right now!! Are we to say
"Yeah, I guess we have been rather offensive and have poking around in other peoples business for far too long, I can understand why people hate us so much, we really did have it coming"' I hope that's not what you
are getting at becuase its not gonna happen,
especially right now!!
This is about as open minded as you are going
to get: Rich, powerful countries have been opressing poorer countries and building their
riches on the backs of the impovrished since the beginning of time. Does that make it right? No. But should we accept someone coming into our country and killing 5000 civilians because we are one of these countries? No.
This will not change anything, it has galvanized americans even more. Bad move.
Why should we give a s**t about anyone who
perpetrates the kind of spineless actions that we saw in New York?
And what exactly should we learn from this?
I'll tell you what we should learn, this time unleash enough fury over there to make em think twice about doing it again. I never have been a big fan of military action, I can't think of a time in my life when I could say with a clear conscious, "yeah it was right for us to go in there and bomb them". I always thought that there should be a better way. But not this time. You know how open my heart is going to be if I see 5000 of "them" toasted? Not very.