PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2007, 11:38
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG!!!

Omg, I can't believe it, I'm in that sodding YouTube video! Not happy as I wasn't asked. Hmmm, words will be had with the film maker (I've got his number, lol). Wouldn't mind so much if I was asked... Am I being a fun-spoiling witch?

On a more positive note, BA is great fun (esp LGW as that's where I "live")
Folks who are going to interviews/assessments, just be yourself, sell yourself (how great you are) without being cocky and you'll be fine. If you don't know the answer to a question about the company, just tell them you're keen to learn.

For those who've got the job, please pay attention on your course. Ask questions about things you're not certain about (sometimes waiting to the end of the day or lunch break is good as you can get personal answer), study the pre course pack, you will be tested on first or second day. Read your coursework at home when you've finished for the day. Dress nicely (no jeans/trainers).

Don't rebel agains uniform standards. I tried for years and it didn't work. It's easier to comply. Listen to your fellow crew when you're online. They've got great experience and will teach you lots of things (not just related to flying ). Respect seniority, but stand up for yourself with what you believe in.

Most of all, welcome to the company, hope you have a great career and lots of fun. Don't sweat the small stuff. If you have a nasty pax, just think of it this way: You only have to put up with them for a few hours, they have to be miserable for the rest of their life. Kill them with kindness, it really annoys misery-guts pax when you don't bite their bait.

Best of luck to all of you, may you have a wonderful time.

Gg

Ps, don't forget your camera on sep training. I still look at my pics of me on a 747 slide in my lovely white overalls with a smile.