PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF on the F word
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2007, 00:04
iccarus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well of course, the reason the F3 is stuck in the UK is because both it and its crews are crap!!
I mean
Its not like they are regularly able to hand, far superior platforms, their arses on a plate - as proven on just about every major exercise.
Its not they are capable of employing ALARM in a manner which is far superior to the way the GR will ever achieve.
Its not like they regularly train in Close Air Support and even if it is only 27mm HE, its not like they could take some of the strain of the overworked GR7/9.
Or maybe, is it because:-
The powers that be, politically, can't be seen to employ the F3 in a current op, irrespective of its pedigree or ability to ease the pressure on other assets. Because clearly, that would call into question why it is being replaced by the most expensive procurement programme in history.(Which incidentally, i firmly believe we need.)
And what really makes me laugh, is that most GR mates will continue to bleet about how overworked they are, and how much time they are spending away from home, rather than just admit that the F3 could be the asset which means they spend a month or two extra back in blighty each year.
It pains me to say it, but well done 43. You showed joe public the sort of cameraderie and fun that is part and parcel of life on a fighter sqn. Only the type of person, who would never fit into such an environment could have taken offense!