PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - perth qantas engineering
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2007, 13:56
FCMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Real Facts on Qantas Perth

Hopefully M and DH are reading this themselves or HR has flagged it for them.

M- For a guy that lives for Intelligent Space I dont see too much intelligence going on. Your major tactical error was using DH as your tool for change. He is too much of a Bully and Arrogant to manage the change you required in Perth. He has made too many mistakes and lies at the AIRC and you have covered for him too many times. You are also too reliant on your Lighthouse group. They have really led you down the garden path with this one. Your saving face at all cost attitude is also highly unprofessional. Everyone works out the truth in the end and it is simply more respectful to put up your hand and admit your wrong and get on with a fix. The Roster Committee you set up with 3 excellent guys had all the answers for you. We were very proud of them. They gave you the 1400-0200 nightshift to you on a silver platter. The previous manger JT tried it for years to cut the O/T requirement for the afternoon (1400-1800) but got nowhere. YOU JUST DIDN'T REALISE THIS. It was a major win for you and DH. M-YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR 10.9 SHIFT.
MOVE ON AND NEGOTIATE!

DH- Your definitely a smart guy but not for managing. How did you ever get that position. Your managing highly skilled people not factory workers.
What happened to talking to people, empathy, staying cool and controlled.
Your embarrassing sometimes, actually most times. You rarely say hello to us these days and when you do its only with a grunt. You make me not want to aspire to any management level at all. You have no leadership qualities or skills but you are skillful in getting yourself out of trouble.

Perth DMMS- 2 of you I am so disappointed in it almost makes me sick. You have simply prolonged our agony with your hero antics and shortcutting longterm policies & procedures to keep this silly shift going. It will take years for both of you to get any respect at all from the guys. SHAME SHAME SHAME. You will realise this one day once M moves on and his spell is broken. You have obviously been promised something but is it worth it?

The 2 other DMMs (1 I will not comment as I think hes OK-not sure yet) the other as posted on this thread is our shining light. His ethics, standards and people skills are so far ahead of any QF management I have ever seen. QF doesn't deserve him! Hes too good for that. Thankyou so much and its such a shame your the only one I can ever learn any management skills from.

Interstate fly in DMMs.- Guys get a grip. Do you think your respected at all. Do you think the DMM badge gives you respect. Granted most of you have seen the errors in your ways and gone back but that guy at the moment from BNE-MT your just unbelievably bad. We will have our day on you.

ALAEA- SP your just brilliant. Your recent win is pivotal, most just dont realise it yet-WELL DONE!!!!!! We are all so glad your looking after us. The PER reps as well are excellent.

PER LAMEs- except for Borat and the odd South African or two your all fantastic people to be with. Im personally surprised how we have all stood together so well and I now realise more than ever no one is going to give in. Its gone on too long now. We have shown its not a money issue by the big reductions in shift & O/T we have accepted but an ethical one where we wont be bullied into new conditions without negotiation and reasoning.
For everyone out there our only negotiation on the 10.9 from DH is "accept the 10.9 or the 8 hour will be implemented" thats it.
Please understand to lose approx $6000-8000 a year plus 12 Z days with nothing in return and all we get is the above statement. What would you do! There simply was no negotiation. Surely some things are worth fighting for. They were offered a 12 hr day 10.9 hr night as an 11th hour fix which had substantial savings for the company. Again no negotiation.

Now for the latest but nothing you dont know.
The 8 hour is a disaster. It was implemented as a tactic to get us on the 10.9 but supposedly cheaper than the 12.

We now have so many new Engineers on station to prop it up ive actually lost count. Lighthouse originally said 5. Well its at least almost triple that now and rising. Not too mention 2 planners on contract. What do they do again? Unable to acquit leave as they cant have to many off. An increase of S/Lames of 8 to 14. Triple the sick days and delays through the roof. Ask any pilot flying to PER. We have 74 classics delayed 3 hours for no licence coverage. Air NZ & MH delays due no licence on shift etc etc. SAFE was all the rage a year ago, well there hasn't been a meeting in 6 months. They used to be every month. We are now a second rate operation and certainly not the standard of the Engineers in PER. Now we have this NG guy come over and threaten to dump the contracts and sprout the 10.9 again. MR JM of QF HR clearly said at the AIRC hearing "We are not interested in extended hour rosters in PERTH" Now who's telling the Porkie Pie!

So there we have it a station that runs the worst it ever has with more Supervision than ever, more sick leave than ever, up to 18 more people and unable to serve its customers let alone the core Airline. M- please get rid of the customers and quickly. It gives us another organisation to work at. Its clear now you have set us up in every way to fail. Dont prolong it. Shut us down now so we can move on. Its such a shame as you have such good people here. You picked the wrong station and the wrong manager.