PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF on the F word
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2007, 13:52
monthstodo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comedy on the F-Word

Lovin some of the the good old RAF banter on here but not liking the warped, narrow-minded comment from mighty (g?)imp quite as much! The less offensive comments and observations of groundcrew always make me chuckle (as an ex-techie!), but when you see throw-away remarks like this, it's kind of scary to think we have morons like that in the team. Oh well, some mothers do 'ave em!

Anyway! I think the F-Word feature made for some good, punchy PR with great aerial shots, and it must have come across pretty well to the public. I think the toasties must have brought the glamorous image nicely down-to-earth for them!

But come on guys, let's cut through the cr*p, who's more important or more deserving of medals. There were some great moments on the F-Word that only us servicemen would have appreciated. The gold awards for slickly stage-managed shots must go to:

a. Ramsay casually strolling onto camp, straight past the guardroom as if his celebrity status made him exempt from getting a pass, saying 'Morning!' to the guard (who must have wanted ground to swallow him up). I know, I know, 'artistic licence', and something only servicemen will appreciate, but kinda funny nevertheless!

b. While bbq-ing the fish and chorizo thingy, everyone pausing in unison to stare up at 2 jets roaring past, and one of the aircrew saying 'hopefully they'll come back X-Ray' (couldn't find a cringing smilie)

Some comedy moments for us, great PR for the public.

Keep up the banter,

mtd