PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Field inspection and Rule 5....
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2007, 13:25
Finals19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Field inspection and Rule 5....

So here's the scenario...
There's a private strip on the outskirts of the village I live in. At work last night (in vicinity of village) I noticed a C152 flying low and slow (est 300' agl) possibly config'd for landing. I can only assume that he was intending to land at the private strip. I haven't seent this strip, but understand its quite short (say under 500m)

Now, I would very much like to go and look at this strip next time I fly (from a licenced field not too far from London) If I got permission from the strip owner for a field inspection with a possible intent to land (depending on what it looks like) then am I correct in understanding I would not be in contravention of rule 5? (The a/c is a C172, so less than 500m could be a bit marginal depending on surface, slope, obstacles etc) The local terrain is approx 250 feet amsl, so otherwise I would have to stick to 750ft on regional QNH. In all probability I would just set up for an approach and throw it away at the 250' stage, making sure of course that I turned away from the built up areas.