PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircrew rations
Thread: Aircrew rations
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2007, 13:04
TheSmiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed Wizard - nobody's interested in serious issues so lets run with this for a while Anyway I like a good fight my money's on SuperAGE if he's the bloke I think he is!!!!

With all the recent cutbacks, the IF allowance is worth pennies now - I bring my own butty box, made with Mrs Smiter's loving hands, and feel much better for it.

However, up here at ISK the great maritime chefs would be turning in their graves. My first flight in Norman c.1980 - an 8 hour Tapestry, Freddy Q wearing the apron - Mars bar (non veggie), sarnies, sausage roll, jock pie, honkers, more honkers, DCS (dairy cream sponge) and 3 cups of coffee - then we called 'On task'. I was only sick the once, for 8 hours.

Other memorable galley performances:

The incomparable farmer Branters, who's Korma was to die for - literally, depending how much chicken sh1t was under the nail of the finger he used in lieu of the probe.

Fantastic performance by Jan - Surf & Turf out of Bermuda all the way to Lajes - BZ mate.

Ric's brilliant effort at home made curry - took all trip NAG and back - cut short by the underfloor and RTB - I never did get mine and the groundies couldn't work out if it was hyd oil or coriander.

Nice pot of tea and plate of jam and scones by Kirsty.

And of course, on the dark side, the use of rations as a weapon of war:

Glyn, bitter and twisted Jag mate, who thought all siggies were SAC's in green bags. Whoops! That was well worth the VERY special coffee, and other food stuffs with interesting and novel ingredients.

Do you have any stories from the galley?