PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Skies.
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2007, 11:45
oldlag53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was our hope that restoration work would have been concluded in time to enable XH558 to participate in the Falklands commemorative events, but we have had a delay in the return of one set of critical-to-flight components from overhaul.

Unfortunately, it is therefore doubtful that XH558 will be flying in time for the Falklands commemoration on 17th June. However all other aspects of the work are proceeding to plan. For example, this week will see the Vulcan's landing gear being reinstalled and the aircraft returned to her wheels.

When we know more about the length and impact of the delay, which will hopefully be short, we will provide a further update.

Dr Robert Pleming
CEO, VTST
What a load of old cobblers. Now I'm really mad. For the last couple of months or so, there never was ANY CHANCE of the Vulcan being fit AND approved to fly down the Mall on June 17th. VTST must have known this for several weeks if not months. The damn thing is STILL in pieces in the hangar. How on earth anyone thinks in terms of 'a few weeks' to get the airplane finished, rolled out, ground tested, flight tested, approved and then at public flying displays is way beyond my understanding. But hey, maybe I lack imagination, or am just plain stoopid.

VTST, stop making naive announcements and start being realistic. Your attitude at the moment is a insult to all the people who have raised funds for the project. And to have the barefaced cheek to blame one poor outside supplier for not making it to the flypast is staggering.

" Oh yes, people, honest, we would have been there only Bloggs and Co were late with the left falangie..." Yea, right, that's all it was.

All the above, of course, is just In My Humble Opinion...