PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircrew rations
Thread: Aircrew rations
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2007, 11:42
toddbabe

Winco wrote
"The reason why aircrew have been rationed, and cointinue to be rationed is a simple one Human Physiology. Now you can believe it or not, but that is the fact why aircrew are given rations whilst on flying duties. I wouldn't argue with you about the simulator, but as far as flying duties are concerned, there is a real need (according to the medics) to be correctly rationed."
So what Groundcrew don't need fed for human Physiology?

"Would you not feel happer knowing that they had been fed and watered properly, and were feeling 'good' prior to a landing some 18 hours later?"

Firstly we are talking about uk flying where 18 hour flights don't happen and secondly let me reverse that quote by saying would you be happy getting into a jet that has just been serviced/rectified by a group of guys nearing the end of a shift without having been fed? the answer is of course NO, Neither group should have to do without, but should food be free for one group and not the next? of course not!

"And by the way, You will find that Aircrew, both Officer and NCO also lost the free meals for OO, guard duty, etc.It wasn't just restricted to the groundcrew."
I never mentioned that anything about ranks or trades when
talking about Guard duty entitlements
I personally feel that personnel on Stn duties shouldn't get their food for free, I agree that Aircrew should get food when flying and that ALL personnel work better and are more alert after having been fed and watered properly, what I disagree with strongly is that One group of people get food for free whilst doing their job, why? the crucial part here is the cost, I am not saying don't give aircrew food but just let them pay for it like the rest of the Airforce.
And Lastly You don't have to be a genius to know what I was saying about the Aircrew superiority complex being true in a large ammount of cases is still true.