PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Learning to fly in and round Cambridge - PPL(A)
Old 25th May 2007, 10:07
FlyFreeWbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello again

whichever one you choose, you'll be getting first rate training for experienced people who love their job. both clubs are awesome. the intructors care a lot about your quality of flying, improving your capabilities and making sure your on a path of constant improvement. the only difference is that cambridge train you to cope with busy airfields where you'll probably end up doing several orbits, go-arounds, the option to do crosswind landings or not, PFLs (onto different runways) and sharing the radio frequency with important pilots in their bizjets from far away....while sibson train you to cope with small spaces, caring for the local comfort level, integrating with people falling to the ground without support at g, and avoiding fast jets that could kill either close up or from scotland etc.

i've added a list you can use to help you think about it, but don't go on my word, visit them and talk to the club managers. get a tour of the aircraft even if possible. all in all i'd say that cambridge is very professional, and sibson also caters for the social aspect. i like both.

Sibson
wide variety of club aircraft
reasonable membership
total cover within membership (insurance)
large flying group - regular get togethers
multiple group flying arrangements with overnight stays in far away places
advanced training
rural airfield - hone skills for things like precision landings
friendly competitions
landings included in package
flight store shop

Cambridge
high performance aircraft - maintained above standard
reasonable membership
total cover within membership (insurance)
busy airfield - learn procedures quickly for typical ATC airfields
group arrangements
advanced training
landings included in package - CAC subsidiary to MA. MA own airfield.
flight store shop

can't think of anything else, sorry. anyway, leave you to it. whichever you choose i look forward to flying with you again