PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircrew rations
Thread: Aircrew rations
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2007, 06:01
MightyHunter AGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You all need to cool your horses down just a little here, anyone would think that they were trying to cut your flying pay or something!!

I am not jumping up and down with joy either way if this 'perk' gets removed or not.

Zedder
However, has anyone got a fridge I can keep the stuff in (to keep it safe to eat while I'm flying) while I sit around on my arse waiting for the jet to be ready for the 1000, no make that 1200, oops forgot some paperwork so let's make that 1500, nope still not ready so how about 1700, take-off!!
Ok lets all rush around and send a jet up without carrying out the correct procedure and paperwork just because your sarnies are going off then eh?

Len Ganley
Hopefully all these people wingeing about aircrew rations have never helped themselves to butty boxes post sorties
MightyHunter AGE - I'm sure you would never seek to benefit from a system you despise.

Is it the in-flight catering you object to or the people who recieve it??
I object to neither, just because i have an opinion on how my taxes are being used that is different from yours I am wrong, last time I looked we lived and a free country where i am free to make my own mind up on things.

XferSynbol
MightyHunterAGE, you do have a chip on your shoulder eh?

Maybe you should stay off PPrune and get some more frames ready to load aircrew rations on.

And if it causes you so much distress and you are upset that someone may be getting something that you are not, stop whining and get yourself down to OASC.

You are giving the hard working lineys a bad name.
Grow up. I have no chip or axe to grind it and as for wanting to be aircrew I have never been interested, engineering has and always will be my thing, dont think that everyone is an aircrew wannabe. (oh and btw i am more than qualified to be one, just because I am groundcrew dont think I am stupid)

TSM
You make me sick mate.
Stop eating so much free food then
Just pathetic, 'we can't have it, so you shouldn't have it either' do go and find yourself a life AGE. We can all see that you clearly go out of your way to foster good aircrew/groundcrew relations don't you!
You dont know me so dont comment on things you know nothing about. I have an excellent working realationship with the aircrew at ISK. Again because my opinion differs from yours on free food I am obviously wrong. Sad..........
I recall that whenever we landed early (or on time) the first thing the groundcrew did was to literally ransack the galley of anything!!
True, what we should do is leave the food on the aircraft to rot so that it stinks for the next crew to enjoy then eh? Part of the flight servicing is to ensure left over rations are removed, yum yum waste not want not then, whats free for one should be free for all.

Oh and just as an afterthought, the reason a lot of linies eat the leftover rations is because they dont have time to go to the mess as they are too busy fixing the jets to keep you flying.

Last edited by MightyHunter AGE; 25th May 2007 at 06:11.