PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - new guidelines for carry on liquids
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2007, 05:09
coffindodger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carry on

AirNoServicesAustralia I am more worried about the fact that a person that appears to be literate and free thinking actually watches the Dubai One 'News'. I tried to watch the first couple of times and realised it was just one big propoganda machine for the UAE government. There are never any reports of murders or rapes, but instead, 'announcing the building of the worlds biggest.... YAY for us!!!', 'living in Dubai is great...YAY for us!!!'.

Almost as lobotomising as watching Fox News.

first of all i must say i am in ther costa del saudi so any news is better than no news as every one knows in saudi the news is worse than the uae still i suppose fox news is nearly as bad as cnn.
so in answer to your question having lived in the uae for over 7 years and this used to be channel 33 in my days there. with the new look chanel 33 renamed revamped whatever you want to call it
as a old mates greavie / lucky who where on the radio before they got sacked used to say its all a load of rubbish
we all know its a load of rubbish hey when they spend the first xx minutes talking about the certain people have done this and that but it has been said on many other threads re the uae its all controlled to make the tourist think its a nice place to be while on holls. as you say nothing or little about the real side of the emirates.
the beggars over in some streets in deria begging for any lose change. there is a lot the normal tourist do not see. because they do not visit certain parts of dxb or even auh
in fact i was only over in auh last week and paid a visit to dxb for a couple of days and watch a mess one bigggggggggggg car park.