PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A shame to see an old Aztec treated like this.
Old 25th May 2007, 05:02
BEACH KING

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gaunty said:

"If I recall it correctly, it was not CASA who made the call but the FAA/Manufacturer and for some very good reasons"

I'm pretty sure you do not recall correctly Gaunty. If wrong please correct me, but as far as I am aware,this AD is unique to Australia requiring mandatory replacement of the bolts washers and nuts in a time period. The original FAA/Manufacturer circular was advisory only, and then with certain conditions. Thats why this crazy AD is not implemented in the US or any other country that I am aware of. I have no problems with inspection/ Xray (and replacement if rooted) as they are a very very important part (they hold the fecking wings on after all). But when replacement time comes around.. you can't buy the bloody parts... anywhere, and when they do come, a $2000 bill comes too.

I've got one of the old bolts as the tow pin on my tractor towing a 48 plate disc plough. 3 years now and still going!