PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - As350 Hydraulic System Failures: too many??
Old 25th May 2007, 02:58
3top

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D49,

thanks for the numbers.
I pull the ferry permit off the list (wasn't a smart one to begin with - if I can get the permit, I can get the mechanic....).
No intentions to load anybody on the machine, they would be there long before it happened.
Note taken about airworthiness - was there, gott'n away with it. Am rather very intolerant when it comes to airworthiness today (I am also working for a different company now....).
Certainly hope to never have to put my emergency training to the real test (did that before, I hope once is enough....).
Details, I am only assuming a simple belt failure - no pressure - switches working - bird keeps flying controlable....
If hydraulics freeze/lock/jam you can't do anything than prey anyway...
I envy you for your flight training, though not for your overseas tour after.

Got enough "learned from this" experiences without the heavymetal air....

Fin and Jim,

mentioning slippery slope:
.. did it ever happen to you, that you arrived on a site and it turned out to be to steep or slippery? What you do then with HYD out, but flyable?

I know we can dream up scenarios all day, but you know what? Actually not a bad idea, because it does make you think - what if?

Thinking about "interesting" landing-sites I ran into, I do ask myself what I would/could do if an emergency would occur/or had occured on approach...

The river here is for real, just so happened the helo was okay (... and has a "no action needed" HYD failure mode).

I had other scientists repeatedly on such a remote pinacle location, there IS NO walk out ..... (D49, where I live you are lucky IF they find you, and IF the winch works....)

enough,...
3top