PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2007, 21:52
Charlie Roy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Katowice
Interesting that FR chose to serve Katowice as that is their first ever service there.I assume Bristol asked/told them that they could not fly to Krakow because of Easy?
Ryanair have been in negotiations with Katowice airport since last November. Expect more Katowice routes.

NEW(!) Bristol routes
What's great about the new Bristol routes is how they are nearly all new routes for the airport (with the exception of Milan).

Aer Lingus
I'm really surprised though as there have been no rumours about a Bristol base in the run up to this! Was this decision made in haste? Did FR learn that EI are planning a Bristol base (theory) and decide to beat them to it? (That said, I still expect EI are looking at an Eastern European airport for the first non-Irish base...)

Eastern European base
It would still seem that Riga, Bratislava and Wroclaw are FR's favourites to become their 1st Eastern European base. However Budapest seems to be Ryanair's new favourite child, so that could be another potential candidate... This despite the fact that FR seem to be actively avoiding competing with Wizz.