PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR privatisation
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2007, 14:48
SARREMF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Children.

Stop fighting. This is getting sad and tiresome and is not helping anyone. For goodness sake you need your legs slapped!

Yes, the military do more training, but the entry level is much lower for military reasons and requirements i.e. they take people direct from training at about the 250 hr point. The civilian side have mainly experienced [not essentially SAR just higher hours] or people who have licenses and then get SAR training. Its different but overall has a lower daily requirement to train. Yes, I know if you look at some of the, shall we say, older populated flights they have an equivalent number of hours. But hey, lets take YOU. Do you need 4 hrs every shift to maintain your SAR skills - not your QHI skills - your SAR skills? No you dont! You need less because your experienced. I bet you even give up some of your training to bring on new people? So, imagine a system where they are all experienced pilots [not SAR but flying] and you only do the minimum training to achieve the aim. Oh, is that called value for money?

Crabb you have led people to believe that the military fly 6 hrs training per shift. Horse muck! It used to be 4 hrs then was reduced. Not every shift flys 4 hrs training as some will be on Rescues and some you will be ops only because of the state of the SK. You are painting a picture which is doing the military NO favours what so ever.

The civil ladies and gents do it differently. Currently, they are not formally tasked to do the same as the military. When they are, SAR-H, they will be trained accordingly. End of.

Stop trying to cause angst when none needs to exist. SAR-H will bring change. Accept it, embrace it and work to help it come in gathering the best practice from both sides.

But stop this stupid pointless bickering. Its gone way past funny and is dead ahead 40 for sad!

Get with the programme