PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin accused of discriminating against disabled passengers
Old 24th May 2007, 11:12
J430

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personal opinion only.....so flak jacket on and into my bunker.
I do not think there is anything wrong with any airline asking these questions. If a passenger is, in the unlikely event of an emergency, not able to carry out the functions most fully able pax are expected to do, the airline needs to know about it.
Then the point is, maybe those pax (and maybe a limit per flight is needed) are seated near some cabin crew for the very little bit of extra assitance that may be required. Of course these days few CC's so less potential resources.
Is it not time to cut the "descrimination" cr@p and just be practical about such issues.
Really its BS, and ask every able bodied person if they objected to some silly amount like 10 cents from every ticket alloted to catering for the very few disabled pax......I reckon most would say, charge me 20c and look after them even better would you!
J

PS The court costs alone from this one case would most likely cover all "additional expense incurred for the next 10 years.....common sense did I say