PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A shame to see an old Aztec treated like this.
Old 24th May 2007, 11:01
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is the gospel truth.

The last aeroplane I flew before acquiring the Bonanza, and my main motivation for doing so, was a Cessna T182RG that I private hired from substantial commercial operator.

While enroute YBTL - YLRE on an IFR plan the oil drained from the magnetic compass and the AH rolled upside down (not a vac pump failure). I was in VMC on top at the time. On the return trip the next day on a VFR plan, I had a total electrical failure. I noticed the electric drain before the battery was flat, dropped the gear, and flew the last 100 miles or so with the gear down. Had to use the hand-held that I carry to get a clearance into YBTL.

I parked the aeroplane, wrote up the MR, and walked away vowing to lease an aeroplane that I could have more faith in - before I killed myself.

Next morning I had a very annoyed owner on the telephone - most upset that I had grounded his aeroplane. It sat in the corner of the aerodrome for months before it was eventually ferried to a repair shop.

Exactly a month later I had the Bonanza. EVERYTHING works!!!!!!!!!! .... and if something stops working - IT IS FIXED!

Life is good!

Dr

Last edited by ForkTailedDrKiller; 25th May 2007 at 22:13.