PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A shame to see an old Aztec treated like this.
Old 24th May 2007, 00:05
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Bonanza came to me with a list of A, B and C maintenance items, which I think is a "*******" Society thing. My recollection is that it went along the lines of A = must be done at the next 100 hourly; B = should be done sometime; and C = nice to do one day if you get around to it.

My LAME's response was "That's cr*p! It will all be done before I will sign off on it!".

A crack was detected in the exhaust port of one cyclinder. Turns out the cylinder was an orphan on the engine. 25 thou over size cylinder with standard piston and rings.

A very expensive 100 hourly ensued.

The wing bolts in the Bo have just been replaced. The old ones were in the wrong way round. Short bolts where the long ones go - the nuts held by only a couple of threads. Long ones where the short ones go - the nuts packed with washers so they tighten down on something.

All a bit scary really.

We have now been through just about every part of the aeroplane - don't think there are any more surprises lurking.

Dr