PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Pilots Salaries
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:26
Helinut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KIIT,
Not off topic at all IMO - absolutely on the button it seems to me. It is all about making comparisons, against a series of factors and elements that go to make up a job and the people that do it.
I believe there are signs that the onshore parapublic hele business is already lowering its standards, in terms of the required experience for pilots they are taking on. I wonder how long it will be before we see a sad result arising from those undesirable changes.
I am aware of at least 1 very scary "near miss" at night which has resulted in the "passengers" at a base insisting that a pilot was removed from the roster. He had very limited experience of both night flying and twins. I just hope that such things are always caught at that point and nothing more serious occurs........
It has been suggested on threads here and elsewhere that the new PITO framework will involve substantial rises in the rates that contractors charge their customers for police pilotage. I wonder whether any of those rises will be seen in the wage packets of the pilots. I am not holding my breath personally, but that would be the rational and fair outcome.
Helinut