PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Airways Approved Pilot Scheme
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2007, 18:35
AJMcC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newbie and veetwo, I was under the impression that Physics is classed as a 'science based A level', so if you've got one of them, put it down! And I'm sure it's more the skills you acquire from studying a science subject, e.g. logic and analysis, than the actual subject itself which is important to the airline.

I understand it's difficult for wannabes who don't have the academic qualifications to land a place on a scheme like these, even though they may be much stronger in other relevant areas, but when there are so many of us out there that are equally desperate for the job, they've got to cut the numbers down somehow.

I hate to sound arrogant saying this, but to let someone who doesn't have shining academics into the highly sought-after right hand seat to the detriment of others who have worked hard to obtain qualifications, really just undermines all that hard work that they have put in. What is a certificate worth if it's not going to get you some recognition for your efforts? Just like with any job in the entire world, if you don't have the right qualifications, no cigar for you! I've learnt from applying to multiple other jobs that wanting the position isn't enough - you have to earn it somehow.

Sorry if that sounded like a rant - I don't mean to offend you in saying this. Besides, I'm sure you're both intelligent guys/girls who know all this already.

Good luck for your applications anyway - and everyone else!