PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly Globespan/Air India ex LHR
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2007, 13:59
Mr Gammon Flaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air India Contract

You won't be watching CNN in the room because you will be sleeping...

The crews are okay, typically Asian, very polite and defferent but very hard to bridge the cultural gap. You will NOT be going out boozing with them anywhere.

The operation is run on a skeleton crew so you don't see many people down route, and as I said, they work you so hard you will only be concerned about sleeping.

The flying is as one would expect from operating in Middle East/Asia, chaotic with brief spells of farce. As an added bonus, the monsoon starts soon so the 1 hour holding into BOM will get really interesting once the alternates start going out.

All I can do is stress that it is not like normal longhaul. You will NOT get more than the legal time off (and I mean sometimes 11 hours between longhaul east west trips - not even 24 hours). You will NOT get much pool time or sightseeing time. You WILL be screwed when you get back for your 7 days off which you WILL need to recover.

That is it in a nutshell.

Wynnwith, varies on your expectations. Okay with me, nightmare for others. Several reasons as to why.

If you are purely interested in cash, then join. If lifestyle registers above 0 on your list of things to consider, then don't.

That really is just the way it is. Trust me, nobody wishes it was different more than me because I have to fly the bloody trips.