PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N reg craft to the UK?
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2007, 10:08
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"My feeeling is that the small FAA aircraft will be forced out of being permanently based in Europe in the future."

Your feeling or your desire Bose?

SB
Thats a bit harsh. Considering my involvement with the working groups is to keep GA alive regardless of the "ethnicity" I find that insinuation offensive.

When you walk the corridors of power often enough you get a feeling of what is going on and the feeling I get is this is being pushed for behind closed doors. It was the reason I suspect the DofT let it go so easily. Just because we are in bed with the Americans on international issues does not override the fact that we have signed a huge chunk of our lives over to Europe and Europe do not want non European aircraft of which they have no oversight (read revenue stream...).

I just think that those encouraging others to go the "easy" American route are doing mostly out of trying to help and possibly partly out of a little self interest and in the long time could leave people in a difficult position. I am trying to give balance and if you read my comment my suggestion is to get both. In the words if IO540 "you never know when you may need grandfather rights".

I have nothing against foreign aircraft of any type being here, the more the merrier. As the holder of a few foreign licenses, including FAA, Canada, SA etc. I am not chained to the JAA/EASA system and was one of the reasons why I was considered a suitable rep for GA.