PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - perth qantas engineering
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2007, 09:27
sobast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sheep in wolf's clothing

I can understand you Perth guys not wanting to lose conditions, but watch the ALAEA doesn't lead up the garden path. Purkvinas says he's pleased with the outcome.?? What? QF keeps the 8hr roster and the union kicks the permanent DMMs off the 12 hr shift they like. You call that a win?
The commish essentially said the ALAEA was was not acting responsibly and their evidence is misleading. If the vice pres of the commish says that, sounds like the ALAEA has no credibility.
Did you read the previous transcripts? How often did you cringe with embarrassment at the ineptitude of Purkvinas and his questions. Purkvinas was embarrassing the ALAEA and we are the ALAEA. Where were the professionals he said you would use in such cases when he bagged the previous union members? Purkvinas says we'll keep taking QF to the commish for everything and QF will eventually give in to whatever we want. That is the thinking of a FOOL! We will not win anything unless it is legit. Not these impossible claims they're making.

Do you really think QF wants to lose contracts and get us off-side? (KP LOST the SIO Singapore contract because he was an arrogant fool. Others were fighting to keep it) QF knows we are their greatest asset. They count on us helping them to run a business efficiently. If they lose the foreign contracts there's not enough work for us and less money coning in. Gee, what can they do? Reduce manpower via retrenchments because they can't afford to pay us to sit on our butts! But Purkvinas doesn't care. He's already put in for redundancy. We're paying him and the others $35 an hr to embarrass us in court. I'm told he even has an ALAEA provided car. (not 100% sure on that one). Word has it that if OUR coffers keep getting milked the way they are, the ALAEA won't be around in 12 months. We'll have to amalgamate with some other union.
Enough for now. I need a beer!