PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest update
Thread: Skywest update
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2007, 02:11
Hawk777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xeptu

"5. I would think if I were a gambling man that QF might win that battle. Given the current crew shortages, that might appear to be a better option for existing skywest crew also."

Have you looked into how many Eastern pilots have left to come to Skywest and vice a versa. I think you will find Skywest wins something like 4 to ZERO. So why would Skywest crews even consider moving across.

From recent threads a good indication of morale (and T&C's) at a company is to look at how many pilots are leaving in this so called "pilot shortage". Last year Skywest lost six pilots. 3 to Cathay, 2 to retirement and 1 to 737 command at OZJET. This year only 1 has left to take up a 767 contract in Asia. That to me is a great vote for Skywest. No doubt a few more will leave this year but I will guarantee not one will leave to fly turbo props for any other regional in Aust.

OTP is a huge issue at Skywest at the moment. So much so the company update even reports it. At least there is acknowledgement and a great deal of effort going into working through the problem.

H777