PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2007, 21:53
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charlie Roy,
I agree with you I would be very surprised if Ryanair will add a new UK base this year. To me it would seem more likely that they would look to more continental european markets. What about Treviso (Venice) I read in a recent Newspaper article where FR were asked about increasing capacity at Cork they compared the fees at the airport to a very low Treviso. I think the next bases will be in Spain ( MOL has indicated that southern Spain will see next Spanish base). My money is on Granada, due to low cost facilities, excellent location, and no competition at the airport. Apart from that I would bet on at least one of Ryanairs Germany destinations that does not already have a base. Any suggestions??

MOL has also indicated that he is especially interested in accelerating Spanish business if BA get involved in the Iberia take over! So that will be interesting to watch.

If there is a UK base it will be Bournemouth as this has been flagged way back and nothing has materialised.

Does anyone on here think that one of the very underutilised airports in the UK such as Manston, Lydd(gearing up for 737s???) or say Southend, or Cambrige will see Ryanair soon??? I have heard that FR is very interested in Cambridge at the moment.