PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strange trial lessons
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2007, 20:38
corsair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At my airfield there was a rough round the edges chap with his own aeroplane who people thought might be a drug dealer. Turned out he was a drug dealer. Sometimes the stereotype is true. I remember another guy turning up for a trial lesson with two bimbos in tow. He not only looked like a drug dealer he was one, sadly now dead by lead poisoning.
I knew one Arab student who cut down on the hassle he experienced by simply investing in a 'pilot's' shirt complete with stripes. Made a big difference
As for trial flight weirdness, fingers crossed, nothing much so far. I've had a few who flew so well that I wondered if they were already pilots. But when I flew with my sister, she was so good I tried to encourage her to start training. She went away wondering what all this fuss is about flying a 'plane'. 'It's easy'
The worst one was a guy who kept asking questions about crashing and how safe it was. When we go airborne, he went white and sat rigidly with his hands grasping the seat. I got the message and landed rapidly, all the time trying to maintain a positive upbeat commentary. However, I was terrified he might grab at the yoke on finals, when he saw the ground rising up as he might see it.