PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "Crew Security" Thread (merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2007, 18:34
BEARO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passed through LDY last Saturday morning. Not a usual stop for our airline so we were unaware of the utter nonsense that awaited us.

There is no designated staff security so we went through pax search. I went through first and my bags were screened. No problem. FO and Cabin Crew were told that their baggage would have to go down the belt at check in and they could collect it themselves once airside. They could not bring any of their baggage through pax screening because they contained cosmetics, shampoo etc.

Bear in mind that my baggage also contained toiletries from our night stop and was screened by same goon that insisted other members of my crew return to check in. I brought to there attention the fact that my bags was also full of 'hazardous materials' to which I received what sounded like a grunt and a shrug of a shoulder.

I was fuming at this stage and made my feelings known to both grunters and shoulder shruggers alike. When the crew returned from check in they were then further insulted by being asked to wear a high vis jacket before proceeding airside. You guessed it......high vis jackets had just been checked in.

When we finally made it outside to the ramp it was pissing with rain and after collecting their bags we all arrived at the aircraft seething and not in the correct frame of mind to perform the five sector day that lay ahead of us.

I believe Logan Air crews tolerate this BS on a regular basis in LDY and would greatly appreciate any input.

The Bear.