PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isolated business/first suites and toddlers
Old 22nd May 2007, 10:15
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Angel

[Thread drift]
This reminds me of a trip on JNB~LHR with VS about five or six years ago, so this was the old J2000 'cradle' type seats before Pods became the fashion.

I noticed that a couple had arranged that they were in the back row of Upper and their two children in the front row of Pre Econy (on the same side of the a/c of course). The children looked to be about 5 + 7. This meant that the parents could get some time on their own and did not have to pay for BIG seats for SMALL people. Doubtless the children were encouraged to be 'grown up' in their cabin.

The children were very well behaved and did not bother other folks. On this trip, I was in PE a couple of rows behind the children. The CC were happy for the children to pop through the curtain as they were quiet.

However, at that time, the console games and video selection in Upper was much better than in PE and, by half way through the trip, I saw that the children were sitting in the UC seats playing the games and the parents were trying to sleep in the PE seats.