PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "Crew Security" Thread (merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2007, 09:58
Nil further

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re EDI security
No surprise there ,of all the places all over the world i have worked these guys get the award as a uniquely beligerent bunch of goons , none of this has anything to do with security, when will the public wake up and realise that they are paying for this nonsense .
Superb letter in the (Glasgow) Herald today from a GLA based CPT about the confiscation of his tabasco sauce.Sorry im not very techy so cant post a link !

BAA airport "security" directors had better wake up soon and realise that they are at risk of killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.I have travelled a lot as a passenger lately and the entire airport experience is one entire ghastly , stressful unneccesary mess .Our customers will soon migrate to other modes of transport if this keeps up.

"security" is a catch all excuse for levying higher fees and little hitlers to go about massaging their egos ."its your security" no it isnt .My security would be greatly enhanced if we targeted the guys climbing over the fence setting fire to parked aircraft , how many grannies were being frisked at GLA whlist that little number took place ?

Get real folks or you will have us all out of a job .

I do not want special treatment , just a modicum of common sense and profesional courtesy please !

ps. i do not envy the staff at the business end trying to impliment ever stranger regimens , buy and large they do a good job of wading through all the nonsense from above .

Last edited by Nil further; 22nd May 2007 at 10:09.