PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2007, 09:42
socloss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My advice to you equinox_code is to predict the questions they will ask you and as lewni said, read up on the industry etc. I only have 1 hour under my belt (trial flight in January this year on a C152) but said that I wanted to do more but that finance was the single reason I couldnt - they should have no problem with this as everyone has different outgoings and financial obligations, the key thing is that you emphasise how much you want it and that you prove to them you know it is what you want to do. For example, have you attended the Flyer Shows at Heathrow, or Farnborough Air Show or spoken to exisiting pilots and created more contacts for yourself, they like that. Speaking to existing pilots will give you an excellent insight into a typical day and will prepare you for many Qs you will be asked.

Anyway it can be done with little or no experience, do your research, read Flight International and as long as flying really is what you want to do then this should automatically come across to them in your interview.

It worked for me as I am off to NZ very soon so it will work for you if you really want it to.

Best of luck

socloss