PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cebu Pacific newly hired FO salary???
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2007, 07:17
pumping iron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ssangyongs - comment on CIA (MPL program cost)

hey people, do u think it's a logical think to do? i mean paying half of the training cost for cadet pilot program.

cost of doing Frozen ATPL in Malaysia :

PPL, CPL/IR, Frozen ATPL without type rating cost about RM 190,000 (including accomodation and meals)

RM 1 = PHP 13

RM 190,000 x 13 = PHP 2,470,000 including accommodation and meals people!!!

And CEB demand cadet pilot to shoulder half of the training cost which is PHP 3,750,000. They said they gonna pay half, so u need to pay PHP 1,870,000.

I dont think cost of doing ATPL is that high especially in the Philippines. How can Malaysia charge less because from what i heard standard of training there quite strict and high. They have SIA, Kingfisher and Indian Airlines sending pilots there for ATPL too. So there's no doubt about the quality.

In phils? how could they charge more? or this is just a ploy of Gokongwei to train you for peanuts amount (considering u pay half) and get u contracted to fly his birds for 5 years.

You pay for your own training and you sign bond to keep you from flying with other airlines. Dont u feel he's conning these unfortunate cadet pilot?

Well this is just my theory. because i dont think cost of obtaining license in phils is that high. please think again.

Hey dude,

firstly, a mature person does not give remarks to people he really doesn't know personally. You may have just picked some feedbacks from people on this forum about Mr. Gokongwei. You're from Malaysia, you dont live here in manila, you're not even a cebu pac employee but then, you give foolish remarks on this person as if you have experience those things you've mentioned.

Airbusbastic is correct when he said the boy needs to grow up and become a man!!!

Remember, you are a pilot, you are not a gossip magazine writer!!!!

happy flying!!!