PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training In Malaysia! MFA,HMA or APFT?
Old 21st May 2007, 21:20
ssangyongs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getting employment as a private student seems the most arduous task when u completed the training. but there's some option such as:

instructor at local or overseas flying school
*spend extra minimum 10.5k us dollars to get a320 type rating
keep looking for a job or company who's willing to pay for your type rating
get yourself enrolled in university for a degree (my case)

i have a friend, a private student, spend a year being jobless. but now happily employed at firefly.

what makes us private student being put at the bottom of company's list is that we may have fATPL, MPL but dont have necessary type rating that will qualify us to be FO in most companies

Since that these companies already have their cadet pilot they wont bother looking at our CV unless they're desperate for pilots. if it's the case then they will pay for type rating or allow us to buy hours needed during line training for specific period of time before being fully employed. and if they pay of course it will come with service bond but hey at least we got a job right? thats the most important thing

i forget the name of this school but SQ sent their pilot there, it comes with complete rating for Lear Jet after graduation, when they go home, they only need to do conversion course on various type of jets SQ operates

some school may help you find job.

*minimum 10.5k us dollars is just for sim only. i'm not sure about check ride.