PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - T4 Shambles - 21 May 1400
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2007, 21:18
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YS... The only crticism of LHR ATC I'd make is... why have you put up with BA's behaviour for so long
I've landed LHR the last 2 evenings (Sat/Sun) and it's been a joke... BA aircraft littered around T1 waiting for stands / holding short of them / unable to leave them due the above or no tugs. ATC Gnd good humoured commenting on them, but no more....
I did call a "Senior" BA Mgr today, and suggest cut the corporate chat over the issue, just call LHR ATC and get their opinion, or better, ask to listen to the 121.9 tapes for an hour or so for Sat or Sun evening. Good chap he is he is only a part of "Flt Ops", and presumably treated further up the chain with the same disdain as ATC and the rest of BA's Flt Ops.
Whether this be loadsheet or cabin not ready.
Loadsheet because out "Despatchers" are no longer, and all "loadsheet" stuff done in Waterworld totally disconnected from aircraft / schedules. "Cabin not Ready" because Waterworld's equivalent of Hollywood has produced a safety video full of corporate blah, kiddies and teddy bears that takes minutes longer than the previous one, and has to be shown. After the boarding announcement in 3+ different languages