PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Best And Worst Aviation TV Programs of all time!
Old 9th Aug 2001, 22:03
David Johnson

BEST: Black Box

This has and probably always will be at the top of my list in terms of the best aviation related TV programme. I may be biased in a sense because I am highly interested in accidents and why they occur, but the main factor is that since that programme there have been many other programmes of a similar nature that have simply been very poor indeed. We have all seen the half an hour documentaries which do nothing but frighten the general public, especially when they are scheduled at the beginning of the major holiday season.

Black Box was different though, it had facts and looked deeply into why events occured as they did rather than a glimpse at several accidents with one common factor - they crashed.

This is one of the few aviation documentaries that is a "must see" in my opinion. In turn this leads me to what I consider to be the "worst programme." I have seen many programmes involved in aircraft safety and to be honest I can't really point a finger to say which one has been the worst, as I consider most as nothing but scaremongering to gain viewers at times when the TV compnaies know that people will be intrigued the most.

Regards