PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 21st May 2007, 14:30
Melisa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virign makeup etc...

Sylphie: I work for Virgin Blue as ground crew and i know the same hair and makeup rules apply for both Ground crew and Cabin crew... There is no particular brand we have to wear, but it is compulsory to at least wear lipstick, blush and mascara. Then as for hair, you are not allow any wild colours or two toned colours, and if your hair is longer than 25cm in a ponytail, it has to be then worn in a plaited bun or a normal bun with a hair net. With both ponytail and bun hairstyles we have to wear a black ribbon tied in a bow and they have also allowed us to wear a thin alice head band if you want. With colours of eye shadow, you are only allowed to wear natural colours like browns, beige etc.. but no purple, blue etc...you get my drift.

Hope that was the info you needed

Also yes Virgin Blue will be flying to the USA end of next year and i think it will be set up as a separate company again just like Pacific Blue and Polynesian Blue. I'd LOVE to be Cabin crew for that!!

As for being picked for VB VRD's, i noticed alot who get an invitation have been 'Blue stared' by a current VB employee, or have had some form of airline experience.. I "Personally think" the system just picks whatever special 'words/companies' from your application online to consider you for a VRD. I don't really know how they hand pick from all the thousands of applications they recieve, but thats how i percieve it..

In the CC interviews, you first do an individual 5 min one on one interview, then from there a test, then group activities, then get cut, then a individual role play (like a problem situation with one recruiter acting and the other taking notes), then a final interview which can take about 40mins..

If ever you don't get through Cabin Crew you can always apply from Ground Crew and work from there.. They are recruiting like crazy at the moment! Probably because the company is growing so fast with alot of new things happening eg.. New Embraer Jets arriving by August etc...

Good Luck to you all