PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHLAir wannabe? read this.
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2007, 09:48
sapco2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said Rob, and Avenging Angel.

For the record everyone, I do NOT agree with SQP1's (Ace the base's) assertion that the job climate is causing people to leave. If management were to do a comparison between attrition rates here with UPS & Fed Ex they'd maybe realise there's a lot more to it than that.

What I meant to say (not very clearly it would seem) is that toxic fumes are not the sole factor for pilots leaving.

Here is the data once again;

In the early part of 2004, just prior to the Accountable Manager’s appointment, our crew complement stood at:

38 DHL captains, plus an additional 34 ACL contract captains (72 total)

39 DHL first officers, plus an additional 33 ACL contract first officers (72 total)

Of the original 38 DHL captains, just 20 still work for the company (attrition rate = 47%)

Of the original 39 DHL first officers, just19 still work for the company (attrition rate = 51%)

Of the original 34 ACL captains, just 21 still work for the company (attrition rate = 38%) (12 of those are now employed as full time DHL captains)

Of the original 33 ACL first officers, just 22 still work for the company (attrition rate = 33%) (18 of the original ACL first officer are now employed as full time DHL pilots)

An additional 17 pilots who joined the company after 2004 have, or are about to vote with their feet.

In excess of 30 first officers have been promoted to captain during that same 3-year period and I believe those career enhancing opportunities may have actually served to slow down the rate of pilots leaving. (seven of those have since left)

The reasons these pilots have left DHL are indeed varied; toxic fumes in the flight deck is not the sole factor.

Last edited by sapco2; 21st May 2007 at 12:17.